Sunday, June 10, 2012

sterling cooper draper polish

If you don't watch Mad Men, I don't want to be friends with you. Just kidding, I will still be your friend. But I will feel very sorry for you because that means you don't get to look at these beautiful faces every Sunday evening:


Tonight is the season finale and I am beyond excited to see what happens in the lives of these crazy and gorgeous people. Last week's episode was totally cray so I can't even fathom how ol' Matthew Weiner (pronounced Wine-r... disappointing, I know) will top that with the finale.

So in the spirit of the occasion, I decided to do some simple Mad Men nails!


I used only three colors for this: Wet n Wild Black Creme, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and H&M Berry Love. I used tape to make the nude windows on my middle and pinky fingers, but had some weird problems--the tape kept tearing cleanly down the middle as I lifted it off my nail. I've done a ton of tape manis (using this same tape!) and I've never had this problem before. I'm thinking it might be the base coat I used, which was kind of rough (Revlon Post Trauma Nail Treatment). Any thoughts on this?


So if you couldn't already tell...my ring finger is an interpretation of the ad agency's logo (though I guess I should have left out the P...hmmmmm) and my ring finger is a suit, cus if there's one thing Don Draper and Roger Sterling can do well, it's look goddamn handsome in a suit.

So are you all as excited as I am for the finale tonight? Or have I totally lost you with this manicure? Either way, I will leave you with this gif of Don Draper (aka Jon Hamm) looking like the suave sonofabitch he is:


PS I decided I'm done with square nails for a while. My job is super rough on my hands and my square nails kept tearing at the corners...plus I think oval nails look super classy and feminine. I'm excited to do some sweet stripey manicures with the four (oops) Essie polishes and nail art brushes I just ordered on Amazon...eeeeeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment