Sunday, April 15, 2012

girl on fire



I finally got around to ordering a couple polishes from the China Glaze Capital Colours Collection, inspired by the Hunger Games. I wasn't the biggest fan of the collection because I tend to favor bright and light colors over dark, moody ones, but I love the Hunger Games so I had to waste some money on HG-inspired polish.

I fully acknowledge there are about eight million manicures exactly like this floating around the internet, but in my defense I only had about ten minutes to do this manicure and thus couldn't be terribly creative.



I started with two coats of China Glaze Stone Cold, an awesome shimmery matte (!!!) charcoal grey, and then applied China Glaze Electrify to the tips. It's a super bright and shiny mix of gold and red small glitter. Once Electrify dried, I put a coat of Essie Matte About You top coat over just the glitter because I wanted the glitter to match the matte base, but the effect ended up being kind of cloudy and messy-looking. Lesson learned.



So, there you have it! District 12-inspired nails. I'd like to think Cinna would be a fan :)

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I finally got my hands on Electrify today and need a super easy version of 'girl on fire' nails. Thankfully I already have Stone Cold. I don't think I've seen one using the grey polish instead of black and I'm not inventive enough to think of that myself!

    ReplyDelete